1 HOUR TAN Original Medium
Why is Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter 1 HOUR TAN a firm favourite around the world?
Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter 1 HOUR TAN comes in three shades:
- Original Medium Shade (will deepen natural skin colour by 2 to 3 shades.)
- Dark Shade (will deepen natural skin colour by 3 to 4 shades.)
- Extra Dark Shade (will deepen natural skin colour by 5 to 6 shades.)
- How do I prep my skin for applying my tan?
- In the couple of days leading up to applying your tan exfoliate your skin daily using exfoliating gloves or Cocoa Brown TOUGH STUFF in the shower. Moisturise your skin well everyday too – ideally in the morning and evening. On the day itself that you are applying your 1 HOUR TAN, DON’T exfoliate. DO moisturise using Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser. Ensure your skin is free from all other lotions, potions, perfumes or deodorants as these may interfere with the development of your tan. Apply a coat of nail varnish to nails so that the colour guide doesn’t stain them. Hands, feet, knees and elbows must have a layer of Chocolate Whip as these areas are particularly prone to dryness and self tan can cling to dry skin.
- How do I apply Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN?
- Always use a self-tanning mitt to apply self-tan. The Cocoa Brown Double Sided Velvet Mitt will protect your hands from self-tan and flawlessly buffs tan into skin. Turn can completely upside down and squirt to apply product to mitt and use long sweeping, circular motions to buff tan into skin. To tan hands, feet and face either use the remaining product left on the mitt or use the Cocoa Brown Tontouring Brush T1 to buff tan into skin.
- How do I remove Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN?
- Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN works with your skin’s own natural skin tones by producing melanoidins (pigment) in the upper layers of your skin. 1 HOUR TAN fades over approximately 7 days as your skin naturally sheds the upper skin cells. The rate at which your skin naturally desquamates is different for every person and depends on many factors but the average amount of time it takes for pigmented skin cells to be naturally exfoliated is between 7 and 10 days. Skin in areas like your face and hands however, replace themselves much faster – 3-5 days on average. To ensure that your 1 HOUR TAN fades evenly, I recommend exfoliating daily from about day two or three after you have applied the tan. It’s a common mistake not to exfoliate after tanning if you would like your tan to fade evenly then I highly recommend gradually exfoliating it off rather than trying to scrub it all off in one go on day 7. My top tip for removing fake tan is to apply a layer of body oil before bed. In the morning take the juice of half a lemon, half a cup of bread soda and mix in a bowl with two to three tablespoons of TOUGH STUFF. Use a a scrub on dry skin and then rinse off in shower.
- How often do I apply Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN?
- Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN is best applied once a week.
- Can I shave/wax before applying Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN?
- Wax two days before tanning or shave the day beforehand. If you must shave after tanning, wait at least one day and use a shaving foam will act as a barrier between your skin and the blades.
- What happens if I leave the tan on too long before washing it off?
- Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN cannot be left on too long. Your skin will have absorbed the maximum amount of DHA that it can after three hours on the skin.
- Can I use Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN on my face?
- Yes, you can. I recommend a light layer applied with the Cocoa Brown T1 Tontouring Brush. The mousse formula is oil-free so it won’t block pores.
- My tan doesn’t go as dark on my chest or shins, what can I do?
- The upper layers of the skin is thinner on your face, chest and shins than other areas of the body. DHA, the active tanning agent in self-tanners works only on the upper layers of the skin so will naturally be lighter in these areas on most people. To accelerate the action on DHA on your skin you can apply a light layer of lemon juice to your chest and shins immediately before applying self-tan.
- Does wearing Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN protect me from the sun?
- You must use SPF in the sun to protect your skin from UV rays.
- How do I apply Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN to my hands and feet?
- Sparingly! Apply a light layer of tan with a mitt or Tontouring Brush. Less is more on the hands and feet. Put your hands in a claw shape while applying so that the tan gets into the crevices in your knuckles. Don’t forget the sides of your hands and in between your fingers and toes too.
- What shade should I buy?
- This is very much down to personal preference. 1 HOUR TAN Original Medium Shade will darken your skin by 2 to 3 shades deeper than your natural shade. 1 HOUR TAN Dark Shade will deepen natural skin tones by 3 to 4 shades and 1 HOUR TAN Extra Dark will deepen by 5 to 6 shades.
- My tan isn’t developing as dark as I expected, what do I do?
- Make sure you are applying your Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN to clean, dry skin. If there are any products, lotions, potions or perfumes on your skin they may affect the development of your tan. Also, do not wash your hair just before applying the tanning mousse, or in the first shower when you are washing the colour guide off, as the pH of most shampoos will also affect the tan developing. Cocoa Brown 1 HOUR TAN’s active tanning ingredient (DHA) will continue to be absorbed into the skin for 3 hours after application, so if you leave the tanning mousse on 3 hours before showering it off you will get a darker result as the maximum amount of DHA will have been absorbed. Also, the DHA will continue to work with your own skin cells to produce pigment for 48 hours after you apply your tan, so you should expect the full developed colour after this time.